Wednesday 1 August 2018

A perfect pipeline

I'm not a marketeer but like all business owners who want to grow their business, I do marketing.


The nirvana we search for is a perfect pipeline. A method or methods of marketing which delivers a steady stream of leads, where we know the cost per lead and we know the liklihood of converting each lead or enquiry into a new customer.

If the cost for each converted lead is justified based on the price of your product or service then, Bingo! That's it! Growth plan sorted.

But its not normally that straightforward.

What I've found over the years is that something works for a while - a networking group, google adwords, telesales, a referral scheme...and then it stops. Sometimes this is an abrupt or sudden change. Your brilliant telesales person moves on, Google changes their algorithm, more competition - something happens to make your trusty lead generation star less effective.

Of course when this happens we try and change things. Find out why it has stopped working so well and try and fix the problem. But often tinkering doesn't work. The moment has passed.

So it's back to the drawing board again

I'm in that happy phase now where I've stumbled upon a lead generation method which has exceeded my expectations and is delivering impressive stats

So I'll be enjoying this while I can. I fully expect that just around the corner there will be a glitch. We will tinker and tweak but it may not be the same again

And then the search starts again for the next big thing...

www.base52.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment